Sunday 24 December 2017

Davina McCall's PT: 12-week shape up challenge, part 6

Try Jackie's 20-minute exercise routine, perfect for an early morning cardio fix.
I have been experimenting with some great morning smoothie recipes. I have made some tropical ones with kiwi, pineapple, banana and coconut. The best one for keeping hunger at bay has been rolled oats, plain low-fat yogurt, 1 banana, fat-free milk, 2 teaspoons honey and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
As I have been so busy I have had to be really strict with organising meals the day before and making sure I always have healthy food ready to cook or snack on between clients. I now only buy organic meat and fish and try to eat seasonal fruit and vegetables. I have not eaten pasta, white rice or white bread for 5 weeks now. I think I have finally got over my craving for them, along with sugar and carbonated drinks.
I also realise I was eating far too much food before. When I look back on the food diary I started a few weeks ago, I am astounded at the amount of rubbish I was eating between meals.
I was feeling like I had reached a bit of a plateau earlier in the week and genuinely thought that all these changes and hard work were not getting me the results I wanted quickly enough. But my confidence and motivation were boosted when I went to buy a posh outfit for a meeting I had in London. I decided to go to this wonderful local shop in the town where I live. The owner is really good at knowing my size, shape and only brings out the clothes suitable for my shape. I was delighted when she commented on how much slimmer I looked and she brought out clothes a whole dress size smaller than this time last month! It was just the encouragement I needed to continue on my journey.
These weeks are really going fast and I am now half way through my 12 week journey. However, all the changes I have made in my life over the past few weeks are permanent changes. I now have kicked all the bad eating habits out of my life and have never felt more positive about myself.
My mood has definitely improved, I am not sure if it’s the extra exercise, the better diet, the yoga, the self esteem boost, the counselling, or the meditation. To be honest I think it is a mixture of ALL these things. I now take 15 minutes every day just to be quiet, breathe and be grateful for EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment